Monday, January 26, 2015

Australian Open--what they said

I need some time to used to it, to understand that it's a little bit different game starting on that level. So now I'm pretty understanding how it is, and I'm so happy that I came through today.
Ekaterina Makarova

Her lefty slice is not easy to give the ball back.
Simona Halep, referring to Makarova

I had to have a really good performance against Genie.
Maria Sharapova

My idol was Anastasia Myskina.
Ekaterina Makarova

She looked so smart on the court. She doesn't have a lot of power, but she was moving the opponent so much. Like it was so enjoyable to watch her game.
Ekaterina Makarova, referring to Myskina

Against great players, you have to take every little chance you can get. Although she didn't give me many, I know I had some. Disappointed I couldn't do better with those.
Genie Bouchard

But sometimes is happening to feel that you are not in a good mood to play, you know, you don't feel your game very well.
Simona Halep

4 comments:

Todd.Spiker said...

Anyone who admired Czarina Myskina is on the right track! :)

Diane said...

Yes, I knew you'd like that :) So do I.

Sabey said...

Maybe Halep had some of Serena's virus? Nothing else can explain that poor showing to me.

Diane said...

I wonder about that, too, Sabey.