Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Australian Open--what they said

The winners count was 30-14 in your favor. Did you consciously resolve to go for it even more after the injury?
Yeah, at that point I knew I couldn't run as much. I knew if I was going to get stretched out it was going to be more painful. It was kind of that thing if you have it, go for it, because I'm probably not going to last that long in a rally. That's kind of what I did.
Madison Keys

 I think a lot of players would have been happy with this tournament. I'm happy with progress. I'm not happy with a loss, I'll tell you that.
Venus Williams

I think your match against Madison will be the second to play for the semis. Talk about the different mindset between playing the first semis and the second semis. What's the experience?
The one thing is you'll get to know who you play in the final, so you have that in the back of your mind. That's about it. There's really no big difference. I've played first; I've played second a hundred times.
Serena Williams
 
I tried to change something today on return, but it didn't work out well, you know. Yeah, she just didn't give me any time to breathe on the court today.
Dominika Cibulkova

Before today did the fan in you think Venus and Serena in another Grand Slam semifinal would be cool?
Personally I was kind of thinking I would really like to be in the semifinals. But I wasn't really thinking about that.
Madison Keys

No comments: