Sunday, January 19, 2014

Australian Open--what they said

I had to remind myself all the time, you know, just stay in the moment.
Ana Ivanovic

...If I get nervous or if I get tired, maybe even thinking too much I forget what I should do on the court. Also, I think before I think too much how is opponent do something, but I forgot most important thing is what I should do on the court.
Li Na
 
People are playing really tough. Everyone in this competition is really hard and everyone is playing really tough, namely against me.
Serena Williams
 
When you started your comeback last February, it's been almost a year now. Did you think you would get to this point?
No.
Flavia Pennetta

Williams' departure did not so much open up the draw as ripped it to shreds.
Alix Ramsay
  
It's not easy playing such a champion...but she is also just a human.
Ana Ivanovic

I made a tremendous amount of errors, shots I missed I normally don't miss--I haven't missed since the 80s.
Serena Williams

4 comments:

Overhead Spin said...

Serena's coach talking about her back is no more tacky than the hundreds of press releases about the Shoulder. I think any talk of injuries after a loss can be considered tacky, however, Serena was at pains in her press conference to let everyone know that Ana earned this win. A blind man could see that Serena was hampered but credit to her for really going out there and fighting like no one else. It was good to see Ana step up to the plate and do her thing. We need more of this from the top women.

Diane said...

I meant tacky toward Serena, in that it wasn't his place to speak.

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.