Tuesday, September 3, 2013

U.S. Open--what they said

She could break Steffi's racket--I mean, record.
Chris Evert, caught in a Freudian slip when commenting on whether Serena Williams can win more than 22 majors

Are you concerned about the slow starts, two matches in a row?
If I'm concerned?
Yeah, are you concerned?
No. I'm chill.
Victoria Azarenka

...if you only think about what opponent doing, of course you already lose the match before you come to the court.
Li Na

You talked about when you have fun you play better. How much fun are you having this week?
I'm having a blast this week.
Serena Williams

 ...opponents like Vika, Maria, Serena, they're top of the game. So if you don't put them under pressure, they're going to use that and they're going to kill you out there.
Ana Ivanovic

You became a dropshot maniac.
I always had that. I just didn't feel like I needed it too much; today I did.
Victoria Azarenka

I'd like to thank all my fans who supported me.
Chris Evert, when told that 64% of those voting in a poll said they thought Serena Williams would overtake Evert's record of winning 18 majors

2 comments:

Todd.Spiker said...

Oh, Vika... that's why she's so cool. ;)

Australian open 2014 said...

One of the nice blogs on tennis.