Saturday, July 7, 2012

Wimbledon--what they said

I didn't even think I'd play tennis again. I just wanted to live.
Serena Williams

Serena played too good today, but I'm just very happy to be here in the final. It was not my day.
Agnieszka Radwanska

I was definitely inspired by Serena's singles performance. Obviously it's wonderful to play on the court with her. I couldn't have done it without her, so it's great.
Venus Williams

Is 30 the new 20?
Well gosh , of course--hello!
Serena Williams

Nothing is inevitable. Destiny does not exist. There is no free ride on fortune’s back to the great prizes. Those who win them, earn them. They bend what is possible, and stretch what should happen, and alter it to their own blueprint. They get up off the couch and get started.
Kate Battersby

I don't think either of us believe that we can be defeated by anything. Nothing has defeated us yet, so we're going to keep that track record.
Venus Williams

Greatness is...being able to accept a loss gracefully.
How do you think you've done in that regard?
Oh, I've been terrible at it.
Serena Williams

I felt surprisingly calm. I was happy with myself for that.
Eugenie Bouchard

I’m still shaking so much; I think I had the best two weeks of my life.
Agnieszka Radwanska

2 comments:

Eric said...

Diane, where did you find that "greatness" quote from Serena? Could I have a link?

Diane said...

It was an in-studio interview. I regret that I wasn't able to get the whole answer down.