Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wimbledon--what they said

You try telling Martina Navratilova that the Invitation dubs is not another proper Wimbledon trophy to add to her collection. Good luck with that.
Alix Ramsay

“No one with a good car needs to be justified,” wrote Flannery O’Connor, and the same sentiment applies to having a good serve.
Geoff MacDonald, writing about Serena Williams

Can't wait to be back on my favorite playground tomorrow--Wimbledon Centre Court!
Angelique Kerber

I gave it to her, honestly. She came up with some good shots and good serves at big times, but I was really rushing. Throughout the whole match, I was trying to hit too good of a shot when I didn’t need to. And I was trying to paint the lines.
Taylor Townsend

It's no longer Henman Hill; it's Heart Attack Hill.
Pam Shriver

No comments: