Thursday, July 19, 2012

Passing shots

Here are some photos of the Radwanska sisters as children. They were deceptively cute, yes?

She cried. She laughed. She tasted some food. What else would we expect from Li Na on a big talk show?

Kaia Kanepi and Andrea Petkovic have withdrawn from the Olympic Games because of injury. Sad.

A Women Who Serve reader led me to this great collection of WTA tributes to Jennifer Capriati.

Wimbledon will start a week later in 2013 so that players can get more rest after competing in the French Open.

Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez was married last weekend. 

Heather Watson, number 71 in the world, is now the top-ranked British woman. Watson was defeated yesterday in the third round in Carlsbad.

4 comments:

Sunny nine said...

I was hoping Watson continued at Carlsbad .I like seeing Oudin believing in herself.
And keeping an eye on Sloane Stephens. Also U-Rad is making the most of the post Wimbledon time. It will be interesting to see if the confidence these women gain while the higher seeds rest for the Olympics carry them through to later tournaments and the US Open. It is fun to watch players gain confidence.
It is too bad about Petkovic and Kanepi. I am worried about Petkovic although she is a fighter. But so many injuries. Also Kanepi seemed to be going again and now the Achilles injury which is not a good injury to have (well obviously, no injury is good, duh). I guess I meant her injury is difficult to heal.

Diane said...

I'm worried about Petko, too. I miss her. But better to stay away until you're totally healthy.

Poor Kaia. I hope she isn't out too long.

Some of these younger players have really become fun to watch, I agree. It's especially interesting to see U-Rad finally step it up a bit.

U said...

this pic of radwanska sisters is being most... interesting. :)

http://www.radwanskateam.com/typo3temp/ce_gallery/d_1184_130_130_90.jpg

Anonymous said...

I see no photos and no Capriati tribute links here. Just your words.