Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wimbledon--what they said

How do you compare your form at the end of the first week to last year when you won?
I thought I was playing a little better last year, so hopefully I can pick it up. I'm going to have to, obviously, in the next match or next couple.
Serena Williams

You made it look easy.
Yeah, but we played, I think, almost two hours, or almost two hours. I think she's a great player on the clay court and a little bit worse, I think, on the grass. So I think that's why it was three and one.
Agnieszka Radwanska

She needs to have a middle gear...
Virginia Wade, referring to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

We had an incident last night (when) a player lost his cool with the crowd. Generally speaking, for a player, how hard is it to keep cool if the match is going badly and the crowd is on your back?
I didn't hear about that, so I don't know. You know, sometimes you lose your cool. I have experience with that.
Serena Williams

I played with a new partner today, Marcelo Melo. I mean if there was ever a player I should have played with, it's a guy named Melo??
Rennae Stubbs

Could you talk about a big rivalry match like this and how it compares to a standard or regular match? When you know you're going up against a big rival, do you like it? Do you find yourself more engaged? Does it change your preparation in any way?
Yeah, you know, I'd call it a rivalry when I win a few more against her.
Maria Sharapova, referring to Serena Williams

1 comment:

bill said...

Stubbsy is a riot.