Monday, March 22, 2010

Miscellany

Justine Henin has entered the rankings as number 33 in the world.

Kim Clijsters is the newest brand ambassador for the Citizen Signature timepiece collection.

Anne Keothavong is at the Evert Academy for her pre-Miami training.
 
James Martin says it's time for Caroline Wozniacki to make some changes. (He doesn't cite any WTA examples of players who changed their games, but Chris Evert certainly comes to mind; she didn't so much change it as add to it.)

On the other hand, James LaRosa suggests we stop calling clever, conservative players "pushers."

6 comments:

Todd Spiker said...

Hmmm, I guess that contract with Nicole Vaidisova didn't work out to well for Citizen, huh?

"Nicole Vaidisova is... gone, gone, gone.

Diane said...

She turned out to be stoppable, after all.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious if Justine Henin will play in Charleston this year..

Also, who's the 4th player in the exhibition at Charleston the Saturday of the semifinals...any thoughts? Maybe Navratilova?

Plus, are you taking your photos at the FCC from the 2nd tier? If so, you have a nice lens on your camera :)

Diane said...

Henin has not entered the Family Circle Cup. It's possible she could ask for a wild card.

I don't know who the fourth exhibition player is yet, but my guess would be Navratilova, too.

I'll be taking photos from all over the stadium. And yes, I have a good lens for when I need one.

Anonymous said...

I have an extra seat down in my box if you'd like to use it to take photos, etc. Nice lady to my left last year actually helped me set up my Canon 40D correctly (well, probably to make it stop 'beeping') haha.

Diane said...

Oh, that's very kind of you, Anon, but I won't need it.