Monday, March 2, 2009

Radwanska served a bagel in Monterrey

It is always dangerous to play Li Na on a hard court, even if she has not played in a long time. Tonight, Agnieszka Radwanska learned just how dangerous it can be. Li defeated the top seed 7-6, 4-6, 6-0 in the first round of the Monterrey Open.

The other upset occurred in doubles play: Iveta Benesova and Barbora Zahlavova Strycova defeated number 3 seeds Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Shahar Peer, 6-4, 7-6.

(And broadcasters, I'm sure, breathed a sigh of relief when Petra Cetkovska and Andreja Klepac defeated Mariya Koryttseva and Alla Kudryavtseva.)

3 comments:

Todd Spiker said...

"And broadcasters, I'm sure, breathed a sigh of relief when Petra Cetkovska and Andreja Klepac defeated Mariya Koryttseva and Alla Kudryavtseva."


Haha. :D

The other day I looked at the most recent junior Top 20... I sure hope the likes of Ulrikke Eikeri, Zsofia Susanyi and Veronica Cepede de Royg go on to become the banes of every broadcaster's existence, too. How fun would that be? :D

Diane said...

Bring them on, I say! I am always cheering for Noppawan Lertcheewakarn.

Anonymous said...

Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.