Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What they said--day 8

"I'm not sure what that girl in 2000 was thinking. I think she was reading like a Harry Potter book. You know, the 27-year-old Venus also read the Harry Potter book, so not much has changed."
Venus Williams

"...probably next life I want to be tall as her, please, or something like that."
Tamarine Tanasugarn, on Venus Williams' service game

Do you think you missed an opportunity when you pulled it back?
"Well, this match has been an opportunity, and I missed a big one."
Nadia Petrova

Why do you think there are no Chinese men strong in tennis?
"Yeah, is tough question. We want to know also."
Zheng Jie

Do you see your sister as the favorite for this tournament now?
"I would never sit here and say she's the favorite when I'm still in the draw. What are you on?"
Serena Williams

"I'm being tennis for like how many years, and now want to do something different like a normal people also."
Tamarine Tanasugarn

On TV you said when you were getting into trouble in the second set you thought about the French Open. What was that like?
"I was like, Oops, I did it again...."
Elena Dementieva

"Serena, with no doubt, is outstanding player, and so far I haven't found any weak link about her."
Zheng Jie

If you and Venus advance to the final, sharing a flat, what is that breakfast like on Saturday morning?
"I'm going to sabotage her and eat all the breakfast."
Serena Williams

Where do we go from here?
"Straight to the psychiatric unit, I think."
Commentator Samantha Smith, at the end of the Dementieva-Petrova 2nd set

"I think just in the end of the set or in the end of the match we were both disaster."
Elena Dementieva

No comments: