Saturday, July 5, 2008

What they said--day 12

If someone had told you before this tournament started when you were still playing at Roehampton that you'd go and win junior Wimbledon, what would you have said?
"I would have told them that they were being stupid."
Laura Robson

...you mention your mom there. They cut to her a few times during the match and I felt so sorry for her because she obviously didn't know how to react, happy for one, sad for the other.
"I know. It's hard for all of 'em.......I like to think that they want me to win."
Venus Williams

"In the second set today, I went a bit mad..."
Laura Robson

What have you discovered about yourself in this week which has surprised you?
"Nothing really new. I mean, it's weird seeing yourself on the front page of every newspaper, and seeing yourself on TV as well making quite stupid comments."
Laura Robson

You don't look happy at all.
"I don't? I wonder why."
Serena Williams

No comments: