Friday, June 27, 2008

Random Wimbledon observations

  • Nadia Petrova looks really nice in ELEVEN BY VENUS WILLIAMS.
  • Maria Sharapova's tuxedo design looked better as a drawing than it did on the court. I suspect it would look very good in black, but I do not really care for it that much in white. Neither does Alla Kudryavtseva.
  • I was relieved to hear Bethanie Mattek declare that she has not put away her wild clothes forever.
  • Edina Gallovits has withdrawn from her next two tournaments. If she hurt herself during her only Wimbledon doubles match, it would explain the early exit she made with her partner, Olga Govortsova. That first round loss really surprised me.
  • Alona Bondarenko has also withdrawn from her next two events. That knee injury seems pretty bad.
  • After today, will someone please tell Walter Bartoli to stop with the endless on-court drills? There is no way these hours-long drills have not contributed to Bartoli's chronic injuries. Hey, Dr. Bartoli--I'm telling you.
  • Watching Billie Jean King hawk Nutrisystem is creeping me out.
  • Bethanie Mattek--bless her--actually told reporters to stop mispronouncing her name. What a concept...

No comments: