Sunday, March 9, 2008

Jankovic wants a full-time coach

Jelena Jankovic has never had a full-time coach, and she now says she must have one if she is to take her game to another level. There is actually only one more major level to which she can take it--Grand Slam success. A player with superb defensive skills, impressive athleticism and good court savvy, Jankovic nevertheless has some problems. One is her mediocre first serve, and another is her poor second serve. There is, of course, also that issue of having worn her body into the ground from overplay. I am hardly a tennis expert, but it seems to me that taking care of her body and getting a real serve would solve most of Jankovic's problems.

“I don’t want to be alone anymore,” she said. “I want somebody to help me improve my game. I want to listen to somebody who has better knowledge than I do.”

No comments: