Saturday, March 29, 2008

'Cause it makes me that much stronger...Makes me work a little bit harder...


Fatigue, illness, injury, bad patch--whatever it is, it rarely keeps Jelena Jankovic from being a fighter! Tonight was no exception. Down 1-5 in the third set against Sofia Arvidsson, Jankovic broke her opponent twice to get to 5-all. Then it went to 6-all, and Jankovic found herself down 3-6 in the tiebreak.

She then saved five match points, and at 9-10, broke Arvidsson, and won the match on her second match point.

Credit to Arvidsson, who is having an excellent 2008 season, kind of out of nowhere.

Jankovic def. Arvidsson, 6-7, 6-2, 7-6

Tennis Channel was supposed to have shown tennis for five hours tonight, but all they showed was the "live" Federer-Monfils match, and even that was a somewhat delayed broadcast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Diane

did you manage to survive the momo vs peng thriller alright? I'm so glad that momo was able to come back fighting at the end...it could've so easily been 6-4 to pend in the third!

this will definately give her more confidence and lets hope this is the turning point for the season.

take cares
Dan

Diane said...

I wasn't "watching" that one as closely--I forget why--but I was quite relieved when I saw how it came out. I felt the same way--that this win might give Amelie some badly needed confidence.